Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sore feet, happy heart

Today was one of those special gifts straight from the heart of God.
I woke up, read in bed. After a morning of cranking out assignments, cleaning my car and enjoying the sunshine, I headed on a run.
I just uploaded Switchfoot's new album, it was 19 degrees and running was effortless.
Why am I writing about my run? Because I ended up going further than I have ever run before.
Long enough to stand under a freezing shower to shut my screaming muscles up, to give me problems going up the stairs, long enough to listen to the Switchfoot album multiple times.
It was wonderful. Nothing makes you feel as alive as running.
I love sunshine, running, and Jesus. And today, I got all three.
Sometimes, my life is just too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment