Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snowflakes

Today it snowed.

Hard.

Not the little snowflakes where you stop and think about the beauty of each one.

No, it fell in a swirling mass of chaos that pushed cars off the road and kept children from going to school.

But I went out.

I had a wonderful time last evening with my Korean friend, Ahwon: she slept over, we watched Julie and Julia and I made chocolate chip pancakes and strong coffee. But I needed to return her safely to her residence-so I set out.

I made it. I went to the gym because running in this weather is for the thick skinned or the insane. I don’t think I am either one. I ran for a really long time with intervals until my muscles were screaming at me, and then I did weights. I did a bit of reading on the treadmill for my British Literature exam.

I think life is sometimes like the snow. When you are busy and there is chaos there is not time to stop and see the beauty of the moments
-each one is unique
-just like a snowflake.

No comments:

Post a Comment